What are Home Care Packages?
Many of our Home Nursing, Home Assistance and health and wellbeing services can be accessed via Home Care Packages. A Home Care Package is a fixed amount of money provided by the Australian Government to help support people who want to retain their independence and lifestyle, and continue to live in their own home for as long as possible.
There are four levels of Home Care Packages, ranging from basic through to high level care needs, and which are provided based on an assessment of a person’s needs.
- Level 1 meets basic care needs
- Level 2 meets low-level care needs
- Level 3 meets intermediate care needs
- Level 4 meets high-level care needs
Home Care Packages are provided on what’s called a Consumer Directed Care (CDC) basis. This means that if you’re eligible for a Home Care Package, you can decide who you want as your service provider, sit down with them to set your goals, and decide the type of assistance you want and the best way to have your individual needs met.
The care you need to live the life you want
Some people find it a little daunting to understand the many different funding options available, and to locate the services they want. As Australia’s most experienced provider of home care services, Bolton Clarke knows that the best quality Home Care Package is one we design together. We’ll ask questions, listen carefully, and make sure the mix of services you need are all included. And you’ll have the peace of mind that comes with having 24/7 support and our long held commitment to helping you achieve the greatest independence and best quality of life possible.
What services are included in a Bolton Clarke Home Care Package?
We can offer you a wide range of services, dependent on the level of care and support you need. These services include:
- Personal care: including bathing, toileting, dressing and other daily activities
- Clinical care: general and specialist nursing and other health care services as needed including dementia and diabetes care
- Skin care: including wound management
- Support services: including domestic assistance, transport, shopping, respite care and home safety services
- Allied Health: including dietetics, occupational therapy, physiotherapy and speech pathology, mental health services and more
- Nutritional support: diet planning, meal preparation and feeding assistance
- Continence management: assistance, products and equipment
- Mobility: personal mobility aids and specialised equipment
- Leisure interests and other activities: community activities, hobbies and lifestyle interests
- Support in purchasing equipment and consumables: i.e. wheelchairs, continence aids
The first step in accessing a Home Care Package is being assessed for eligibility. The assessment is carried out by the Aged Care Assessment team.
If you’re approved, your Aged Care assessor will then let you know what level of package you’re eligible for, depending on your individual needs.
If you’d like further information or help arranging an assessment, give us a call on 1300 22 11 22 or submit an online enquiry.
After your assessment outcome
You’ll receive a letter of approval from the government’s My Aged Care that sets out the level of Home Care package you’re approved for. You’ll then be placed in a national priority queue for Home Care Packages and you’ll be contacted when a suitable package becomes available for you.
If you’re thinking about a Home Care Package, you’ll also need to have your income assessed. The Department of Human Services (Centrelink) works out if you have to pay an income-tested care fee, along with the amount of government help you may be able to receive based on your financial information.
To find out more information about fees, call our friendly staff on 1300 22 11 22.
Speaking your language
At Bolton Clarke diversity is respected and celebrated, and we’re proud to work with people from many different non-English speaking backgrounds.
We have language telephone lines so we can communicate clearly with you if English isn’t your first language. These lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Language Phone Number
- ARABIC (+Arabic script) 1300 131 089
- CANTONESE (+Cantonese script) 1300 132 475
- CROATIAN (+Croatian script) 1300 538 673
- GREEK (+Greek script) 1300 539 128
- ITALIAN (+Italian script) 1300 563 448
- MACEDONIAN (+Macedonian script) 1300 731 729
- MANDARIN (+Mandarin script) 1300 732 962
- POLISH (+Polish script) 1300 738 085
- RUSSIAN (+Russian script) 1300 791 051
- VIETNAMESE (+Vietnamese script) 1300 798 068
- ALL OTHER LANGUAGES 1300 824 661